Monday, May 15, 2006

New socks and meme

So I can't upload my new pics right now, but here are the meme answers for the dyeorama swap. The third try at uplaoding photos was not the charm, I'll try again later.



Specific to this swap:
Your favorite colors?
Green (like spring leaves), blue(all shades), rich brown
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
Fingering
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Multi
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?
Self-striping or variagated
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
Sure, as long as its mostly natural
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?
Spring
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
The chance to experiment with dye, which I wanted to do anyway!
General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?
No, but I did textile design in College, long time ago
If so, what's your favorite dye and method?
Do you spin?
Nope, I am pretty sure I don't need another fiber related hobby!
Have you knit socks before?
Yes, in fact I have been accused of being sock obsessed
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?
Yes, especially when knitting teacher gifts
What are some of your favorite yarns?
Opal, Regia, Vesper
What yarn do you totally covet?
Kidsilk haze, I love it so much I almost hate to knit up!
Favorite patterns?
Jaywalker, Lucy Neatby for heals and toes
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Lace but I would need to be granted a wish of peace and quiet because lace shawls require a lot of counting which is not my best thing.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
addi turbos hands down!
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
That's like asking me to pick my favorite child!
Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
good and plenty, gummy peaches
What's your favorite animal?
cats
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
Not now, but had two lovely cats who died at ages 15 and 18 respectively. Soon I will let the children talk me into finding another!
If you were a color what color would you be?
green for sure
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's)..
my husband's fleece shirt that is like a security blanket
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
the sum and substance hosta poking through the ground
Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read.
Dorothy Parker used to answer the doorbell and the phone by saying, "What fresh hell is this?"
Do you have a wishlist?
nope
Anything else you'd like to share with the group today? nope

No comments: