Monday, July 02, 2007

brush with greatness

Well imagine me sitting in a playground in Brookline, working on Baudelaire when who walks by. Alison of the blue blog with her three lovely children, including the baby in a hand knit hat and pants. So what do I do? Nothing. I couldn't think of a way to say hello that did not seem weird and stalkerish. So I told my non-knitting friend that I had recognized the family. I am not sure what was weirder to her, the fact that I saw and recognized Alison or that the knit blogging community exists or perhaps that I would not say hi. Oh well, maybe it was a weirdness trifecta.

By the way, this is my 100th post. I am thinking I should commemorate this in some way. How about first comment gets a gift of sock yarn from the crazy big stash? How about it? Any takers? Make sure to leave a breadcrumb trail or at least an email address so I can find out where to send it. Hey, let me know if you have a preference (Hand dyed versus machine, color).

4 comments:

Gramma Phyllis said...

Muggles just don't understand how large the world of knitters really is. I don't think you were weird in not wanting to say hello to someone you only know through her blog. I have delurked to say that I have enjoyed watching the socks that you have been making. You seen to be lucky in that you have more than selfstripping yarn which seem to be all my LYS offers.I enjoy sock knitting because I can carry them on my job as a school bus driver and work while waiting for the children.

Diane said...

I probably wouldn't have said anything either for fear of seeing psyco stalkerish.

A South Park Republican said...

Congrats on the 100 posts and I am totally with you about not talking to "famous" people because of weird stalkeryness. There is something that makes me itch when I think about it.

Seanna Lea said...

I've seen her (though not with her newest one) on the train at times. It can be awfully hard to say hi. I just sat there working on my knitting and trying to get up the gumption.