Thursday, February 01, 2007

January sock count

I met my goal to complete three pairs of socks a month, or at least I did it last month. I have started February knitting with the mittens that I received from my swap partner for Knit Mitten Kit Swap. They are gorgeous, and they are turning out to be a fast knit. One down, one to go. I think I will knit and i-cord connection for them so I don't lose them. I finished the socks to send to Germany and mailed the package yesterday. I will post the photo soon. For the purpose of my personal sock challenge I have decided that mittens count as sock. My S & B Group agreed to my loose interpretation of facts. I will have to knit fast because February is a short month.

My dear friend is coming to visit with her son during the kids February break. I can't wait to see her. She is having a tough time, so my plan is to ply her with sweets and wine. Maybe a trip to New York. But my real plan is to teach her to knit! Her son is deep into the Harry Potter books and I think she needs to make him a Weasley! Why does it make me feel like a back alley pusher when I teach someone to knit?

No comments: