Wednesday, February 14, 2007

snow day

We are stuck in the house today by snow and ice. Hope we don't end up like the Donner Party. I am seriously considering leaving the kids in front of the tv and taking a nap. DH called at 2 am, 4 am and 6am to tell me that his back hurt and he didn't think the medicine was helping. It was doing something because he sounded as articulate as Paula or Anna Nicole. He is in Chicago for three weeks for work, and he got there Monday and has been to the ER twice. I hope it gets better, its hard to know how I am supposed to help from Connecticut.

I had a job interview for a full time temporary position in a therapeutic day school. The facility was great, the staff seemed at the top of the game and it would be a great experience. They are checking my references and then I need to find me a wife (or some one I can pay to schelp my kids around).

As for knitting, I have completed a pair of mittens that don't fit me (my bad), two dishcloths based on the EZ square baby blanket, a baby hat and I have a pair of socks OTN. They are Anne by Schaefer in the most gorgeous color way (browns, tans and dark blueish grays). They get the record for the most stops and starts for any one sock. I started to do the wader sock from Magknits, but the colors made it impossible to see the pattern so I frogged. Then decided to try a jaywalker but did not love it. I hope I will love what I am doing now because I don't think the yarn can survive another frogging. I am using a pattern from Sensational Socks. I will post some pics later. I was son incompetent last night that I couldn't make the pattern work and ripped it out several times only to realize that I had omitted two stiches. It was user error. I almost never screw up charts, I don't know what went wrong.

1 comment:

thinggtwoo said...

Why has he been to the ER twice already?? How are YOU?