Tuesday, August 15, 2006

scattered thoughts

  1. I found two moths in my room last night and my husband could not understand why I jumped out of bed to dispatch them to the next life. Finally, I said "Steve, there is yarn in the house. You know yarn...wool." THen he relaized the potential horror of it.
  2. I had been hoarding two skiens of Claudia Handpaint sock yarn in Ingrid's Blue which is a lovely combination of brown and blue. My husband's friend mentioned last night that his wife Ingrid knits. When I asked what she liked to knit he said, "Basic stuff - socks and sweaters". I explained that socks were not basic and sock knitters are a special kind of crazy (present company included). Then I gifted the Claudia hand painted to Ingrid (hope she will make something "basic"!
  3. Elizabeth Zimmermann is a knitting god! I did applied icord per her instructions on the secret baby gift and it looks unbelievably good. I want to apply icord to everything in sight!
  4. I finished two baby name paintings this week, I will post them later. I may be done with all the baby gifts this week and may be able to knit for fun when we go to the beach next week.

No comments: