Wednesday, July 26, 2006

hubby's midlife crisis

So last weekend, I was in New Hampshire a few miles from Patternworks. It is an amazing store and every year I treat meyself. This I was feeling guilty about the amount of yarn in the house so I didn't buy a thing! I felt rewarded when I got home from the trip and recieved my socks that rock club package. However tonight my DH is picking up the porsche he bought himself. Think of how much yarn I could get for the price of that thing! It better fulfill his wildest dreams because he has been a pain in the ass to live with lately and if this doesn't make him happy he may come to some harm. So now my mantra is if he can get a porsche I can afford a....... (fill in the blank).

I haven't posted a pick of my wip becasue it is a baby gift. Suffice to say that this was the wrong project for the girl who hates finishing. I stopped before starting the sleeves because there were a million ends to weave in, and I didn't want to get stuck doing it all at the end. Tonight I start the sleeves.

2 comments:

J. Denae said...

I totally keep score like that... very casually, but I do. I keep an eye on every time my husband buys a stack of lottery tickets or some kind of "boy" thing. Then when he raises so much as an eyebrow at new yarn or books I ask him how his new video game is. Life would be so much better if they would think of yarn like they think of tampons - vital to our existence, and not something they want to know any more about than absolutely necessary!

Lydia said...

When I start making yarn tampons please commit me to the home for insane crafters -- I'll know I've gone over the edge then (!)

:-)