Monday, November 06, 2006

mitten kit swap questionaire

Are you allergic to any fibers? No!
What are your favorite colors? Leafy green, burnt orange, mustard yellow, rich browns
Are you a new mitt knitter? Nope
How long have you been knitting mittens? I have been knitting since I was seven and am now 43. I don't remember my first mittens but would guess they were in the last 10 years.
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I like solids if there is some variation in the depth of color other wise multi.
What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? Wool
Where do you usually knit mittens? Every where I like socks and mitten because they are portable and I can always have something to do with me.
How do you usually carry/store small projects? in ziplock bags in my big bag
What are your favorite mitten patterns? A fairilse mitten from interweave knits that I did a few years ago. The colors were great.
What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? I use eith dpns or 2 circs, I got tired of all the fiddling around with magic loop
What new techniques would you like to try? I don't know
What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? Addi circs, but I am thinking of tring knit picks circs
What are some of your favorite yarns? I love sock yarn and have made mittens from both commercial and hand dyed sock yarns
What yarn do you totally covet? I have a strange obsession with rowan kidsilk haze but I am a miser about using it, though I have stranded it with sock yarn to make a warmer fuzzy mitten.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Probably some insanely comlicated color work or testural pattern
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Metal, addi, circs. I rarely use straight needles.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Hand dyed cashmere, maybe lobster pot from Purl Soho.
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?Sour gummy peaches, good and plenty. I love chocolate but it doesn't always mail well!
What’s your favorite animal? cats, but I am petless right now
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? Living in new england, I guess I have to say warm
If you were a color what color would you be? leafy green
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? a new baby sleeping, it doesn't even need to be one of my kids
Do you have a wishlist? Not a formal one!
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Nope, but always open to questions

No comments: