Thursday, June 01, 2006

square feet and new dyed yarn


So I finished my 5 yo daughter's footies but it turns out that short row toes and square toes aren't a good match. I have enough of the yarn left to make her squarer socks.

I dyed yarn with acid dye (on superwash) and found it to be more predictable, now I just have to work on color choices. I was kind of going for a fall thing, I wanted to use brown and bright colors. So I like the green, yellow and orange together. Love the brown and red next to each other. Some how when I see green and red together it strikes me as icky. Maybe its the big jew in me responding to "christmas" colors. I knitted a swatch and am trying to see if the colors grow on me. The yarn was a pain in the ass, it got a little pilly which made it stick together and I was trying to untagle it until 1:30 AM. In the morning, it finally broke so I had to dispose of the rastafarian knot.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

is that dyeing photo taken right in your microwave? You must have the cleanest microwave in the history of the world!! I can't wait to see how the footies turn out, I have been wanting to knit myself a pair, but haven't quite gotten around to it yet.