Sunday, April 23, 2006

About the knitting

I thought maybe I would write about what I knit. These days I am fully sock obsessed and have been doing all kinds of socks, and other things with sock yarn. I do toe up cuff down, magic loop, and 2 circs. I have no commitment to any particular method but I like Queen Kahuna's Crazy Toes and Heels. Sometimes it isn't a good fit for kids socks or tricky patterns. I am halfway through the second sock of the embossed leaves pattern fro IK Winter 2005 with some hand dyed yarn from twinkle toes. Also I am almost done a pair of toddler socks with a picot edge to match a baby hat and sock gift for the new sibling! The yarn is something that looks like sockatta but came from Germany with an unrecognizable label

I have not yet figured out how to link to site or upload pics. Monday all three kids will be back in school and hopefully I can figure that out. I have some serious knitting ADD so there are many unfinished projects, usually thing that are big. Along with the sock knitting obsession comes the sock yarn obsession. I have been visiting etsy and ebay for sock yarn and would hate to add up my yarn money lately. I am trying real real hard not to buy any more, but I am afraid if I start an official yarn diet I will react the way I do to food diets - and go on a yarn binge!

No comments: